What’s the difference between CD Duplication & CD Replication?
Looking to produce CDs for your business? You may have come across the terms “CD duplication” and “CD replication,” but what’s the difference?
And which one is right for you? In this blog post, we will break down the differences between CD duplication and CD replication, so you can make an informed decision about which option is best for your needs.
What is CD Duplication?
When it comes to cd duplication, there are a few things you need to know. First, cd duplication is the process of copying data from one cd to another.
This can be done with a cd burner or by using a cd duplicator. Second, when you duplicate a cd, you will need to use blank media that is the same size and type as the original cd.
Finally, CD Duplication can be used for both personal and commercial purposes.
If you’re looking to duplicate a cd for personal use, then you can use any cd burning software that supports CD Burning.
However, if you’re looking to duplicate a cd for commercial purposes, then you’ll need to use a professional CD Duplication service.
Benefits of CD Duplication
- Commercial CD Duplication by Media Plant, can see your CDs turned around in 5-7* days, from receipt of your content and artwork. *This is dependent on the CD packaging you require.
- We use grade “A” CDRs for all CD duplication, and our CD duplication towers, error check every single CD that goes through them.
- Our CD duplication service offers a fast turnaround, and has a minimum order quantity of 50 units.
What is CD Replication?
CD replication, on the other hand, is a bit more involved. Replication involves creating a glass master of your CD content, which is used to create stampers. These stampers are then used to injection mold the discs.
This process is often used for larger batches of CDs (over 300 units). Which incidentally, is our minimum order quantity for CD replication!
Benefits of CD replication
There are many benefits of CD replication, including the fact that it is a very cost-effective way to produce large quantities of CDs.
- CD replication is also a very fast process, which means that you can have your CDs produced in 10-12 days.
- Additionally, CD replication produces high-quality CDs that will last for many years.
- Finally, replication is an environmentally friendly process, as it does not use any harmful chemicals or solvents.
If you are looking for a quick, cost-effective, and high-quality way to produce large quantities of CDs, then CD replication is the perfect solution for you.
So if you are looking for a quick, cost-effective, and high-quality way to produce CDs, cd replication is the perfect solution for you.
Still have questions?
Still, have questions about CD duplication and replication? We’re here to help! Contact us today and we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions. Give us a call on 01793 498040, or use the form below.